Last Updated on May 11, 2023 by themechanic
The catalytic converter is in your vehicle’s exhaust emission control system, so you should have the best catalytic converter cleaner to keep your car perfect. The main job of a catalytic converter is to turn the toxic gases generated from the internal combustion process into less harmful gases. This helps to support a healthier environment both outside and inside the vehicle.
You must never forget to regularly clean the debris and grime from your converter. These elements slowly build on the converter as you use your vehicle daily. If you don’t clean it often, the converter will eventually fail at its job. Most people don’t even know what a catalytic converter is, let alone have the sense to clean it. But now that you know what it is, you can clean it before it’s too late.
The best way to clean your catalytic converter is to purchase a special cleaner formulated to clean it. There are a lot of different catalytic converter cleaners on the market; some are more reputable than others. You’ll want to choose the one which gives you the kind of results that you’re looking for. In the end, you should see an increase in your vehicle’s fuel economy and efficiency.
Top 5 Best Catalytic Converter Cleaner Products
Below are the top 5 catalytic converter cleaners on the market today.
1) Oxicat Oxygen Sensor and Catalytic Converter Cleaner – The Oxicat Oxygen Sensor and Catalytic Converter Cleaner remove soot and carbon deposits from the exhaust system, including the catalytic cleaner. The cleaning job is tremendous, and the performance of your catalytic converter will be completely restored. If any engine trouble codes are related to the catalyst system, this cleaner should help eliminate those after you’re done applying it.
2) Hi-Gear HG3270s – The Hi-Gear HG3270s will clean many areas of your vehicle, including your exhaust system, catalytic converter, pistons, fuel system, and valves. Once you’re done using the HG3270s, you should quickly notice your engine’s performance and restore your fuel economy. Most importantly, the toxic emissions are reduced, and any trouble codes related to emissions will disappear.
- 5 Symptoms of Bad Battery in Your Car
- 5 Symptoms of Burnt Transmission Fluid in Your Car
- Car Fuel Pressure Sensor Function and Bad Symptoms
3) Solder-It CAT-1 – The Solder-It CAT-1 is a cleaner with lots of deodorizing properties to eliminate the toxic gases’ foul egg-smelling odor. When you have a ¼ tank of gas in your vehicle, add some formula to it and then drive another 50 miles or so. Once you refill the gas tank after that, you will notice the smell going away fast.
4) CRC “Guaranteed to Pass” Emissions System Formula – The CRC “Guaranteed to Pass” Emissions System Formula is great at eliminating carbon deposits from your fuel injectors, engine, and catalytic converter. The company, CRC, provides each purchaser with a money-back guarantee in case they’re unsatisfied with the results. For anyone who experiences trouble code “P0420,” this is the cleaner that will eliminate it for you. The next time you get an emissions test done after using this formula, you will surely pass it. Try cleaning your catalytic converter with this formula every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
5) Cataclean Engine and Catalytic Converter Cleaner – The Cataclean Engine and Catalytic Cleaner comes in a 16-ounce bottle and is one of the most preferred cleaning formulas for oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. Even though this cleaner is relatively expensive, it does a great job of cleaning catalytic converters so they can eliminate toxic gases again. Many people who need a quick solution for passing an emissions test will want to try this Cataclean formula.