Every automobile with an internal combustion engine needs a spark plug to start up and move efficiently. Basically, a spark plug transmits an electrical current to the combustion chamber which ignites the mixture of fuel and air in the cylinders. Once the mixture is ignited, the engine generates the power necessary to move the wheels of the vehicle. If the ignition and combustion go well, the vehicle will move fast and smoothly without any issues.
In addition, the vehicle will have better horsepower if you use the right spark plugs for your engine. There are many different types of spark plugs to choose from. Some are better quality than others, so the one you choose really depends on your vehicle and your budget. Let’s take a look at some of the best spark plugs on the market which give great horsepower.
Below are the top 10 best spark plugs for horsepower.
1) Denso (4504) PK20TT Platinum TT Spark Plug – The Denso (4504) PK20TT Platinum TT Spark Plug is great for its fuel economy and overall affordability. It has a purified alumina powder insulator for better electrical strength, especially where horsepower is concerned.
2) NGK (3403) TR55GP G-Power Spark Plug – The NGK (3403) TR55GP G-Power Spark Plug can reduce emissions, give you the ability to start your vehicle faster, and allow you to drive with more fuel efficiency. If you care about horsepower and saving money on gas, then try this spark plug for a small investment.
- Copper vs Double Platinum Spark Plugs (Pros and Cons)
- Pros and Cons: Iridium vs Platinum Spark Plug
- 7 Symptoms of a Bad Spark Plug in Your Car
3) ACDelco 41-962 Professional Platinum Spark Plug – The ACDelco 41-962 Professional Platinum Spark Plug is a great choice if you want a clean spark produced and a plug which lasts a long time. In fact, some people have claimed to go 200,000 miles with this spark plug. Its dual platinum tip is resistant to corrosion. It doesn’t even need much voltage either to generate a spark.
4) NGK (5464) BKR5EIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug – The NGK (5464) BKR5EIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug have double iridium ground electrodes with an iridium tip. Its ignitability is one of the best on the market and it maintains stability in the spark.
5) ACDelco 9748RR Professional Spark Plug Wire Set – The ACDelco 9748RR Professional Spark Plug Wire Set comes with several spark plug wires to increase compatibility with almost every vehicle out there. Also, they reduce the chances of misfires or weak sparks.
6) Autolite APP104 Double Platinum Spark Plug – The Autolite APP104 Double Platinum Spark Plug is good to have if you plan to operate your engine for a long time because of long drives. Its durable electrodes with platinum tips keep sparks strong and long-lasting.
7) Bosch FGR7DQP Spark Plug – The Bosch FGR7DQP Spark Plug is engineered to be efficient and high performing. Although it doesn’t have a long service life, it does have four yttrium-improved ground electrodes which produce the best combustion possible.
8) ACDelco 41-993 Professional Iridium Spark Plug – The ACDelco 41-993 Professional Iridium Spark Plug gives you amazing and smooth acceleration and engine stability. At about $6 each, you can’t go wrong. It even has a long lifespan too.
- The Average Airbag Replacement Cost
- 5 Symptoms of a Bad Car Condenser and Replacement Cost
- 5 Symptoms of a Bad Oil Pressure Sensor / Switch in Your Car
9) Autolite APP5224 Double Platinum Spark Plug – The Autolite APP5224 Double Platinum Spark Plug has better durability than regular iridium or copper core single platinum plugs. The APP5224 generates fast sparks, fast acceleration, and less voltage consumption.
10) NGK (5464) BKR5EIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug – The NGK (5464) BKR5EIX-11 Iridium IX Spark Plug has an enhanced throttle response, ignitability, and overall performance. It should last up to 50,000 miles or so before you need to replace the spark plug. For a $6 investment, that is not so bad.